Sleepy Spider Studios
Based in Toronto, ON, Canada
Designed as a fast-paced twin-stick shooter, Project AETHER puts you in the pilot's seat of the prototype mecha Aether as you face off against a robotic alien force bent on the destruction of mankind. Aether features a customizable loadout of ranged and melee weapons as well as an EMP Burst system, allowing you to detonate weakened enemies in a devastating chain reaction.
Following Legions of Tyrandel's release, we wanted to take advantage of the lessons we'd learned from our time working on the game. The primary goal was to define a more workable scope and building towards our goals from scratch.
- Features 9 unique levels, each with a powerful boss to defeat.
- Customize with a vast assortment of weapons, including the assault rifle, railgun, laser beam, and more.
- Choose your own approach to combat, letting you fluidly switch between melee and ranged combat.
- Use enemy ships as bombs to destroy clustered groups.
- Features survival and boss rush modes, as well as special challenges that test your skills.
Teaser Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
About Sleepy Spider Studios
Sleepy Spider Studios is an independent game developer founded in 2015. As developers, we choose to avoid specializing in any one genre, style, or theme, and instead focus on making our games as fun and enjoyable as possible.
More information on Sleepy Spider Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Project AETHER: First Contact Credits
Game Director, Programmer
Programmer, Operations Manager, Marketing Manager
Art Director, Effect Artist
VO - Tess Martins
VO - Michael Hayes
VO - General Elizabeth Burns
VO - Yuuto Mori
Trailer Music Producer